Sunday, July 01, 2007

America's Cup Match - Day 7: Racing cancelled due to unstable wind conditions

Racing was cancelled on Sunday after spending more than an hour waiting for conditions to stabilize and the breeze to pick up. The race committee sent everybody back home at 4:10pm and we will now have to wait till Tuesday to see whether Emirates Team NZ can come back or if Alinghi successfully defends the 32nd America's Cup.

The dreaded front and clouds that appeared over central Spain on the satellite image earlier this morning, arrived much earlier than expected and by noon the Valencia skies were already covered and any hope of sea breeze was promptly dissipated. Wind speed was a mere 5-6 knots at 3pm and direction was shifting widely in a 30-degree range. Throughout the race course, both speed and direction failed to stabilize.

Tomorrow Monday is day off and as a result racing will resume on Tuesday.

Labels: , ,


Post a Comment

<< Home