Saturday, April 05, 2008

Transcript of April 2 Court Hearing in NY Supreme Court


PDF DocumentsTranscript of the court hearing in New York, 2 April 2008


The Golden Yacht Gate Club published the transcript of the latest hearing in the NY Supreme Court where the lawyers of the three parties involved (GGYC, SNG and CNEV) argued, in front of Justice Cahn, about the dates of the 33rd America's Cup match.

I'm not a lawyer and I have never been present in a trial, let alone in the NY Supreme Court. The closest I have been able to witness a trial in a US court is from the Hollywood movies. Still, it seems that all three lawyers go round and round, repeating themselves. If I was Justice Cahn I don't know whether I would have a clearer picture of the issue after that hearing, but of course I'm not a judge.

It's funny to read that SNG lawyer Barry Ostrager seemed to forget he was representing SNG and that it was CNEV that was disqualified and not his client. If you are an America's Cup fan and have nothing important to do this weekend you can flip through the 19 pages of the document.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I read the text, and despite my imperfect English I could read in the last sentences of Mr. Ostrager that SNG didn't started to build, even design a multi-hull because of ambiguity in the certificate of challenge. However, the certificate stands for maximums and not for strict measurement of boats. If GGYC as the challenger gave a certificate for, said, a standard 90 feet boat, it would presumably sure that SNG will build something faster, as a multi-hull, so defender has the right, to choose the more appropiate design to beat the challenger.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home