Thursday, April 23, 2009

Alinghi statement on meeting with BMW Oracle

[Source: Alinghi] At a meeting today in Geneva, the America's Cup defending yacht club, Société Nautique de Genève (SNG), confirmed that it accepts the Golden Gate Yacht Club's (GGYC) challenge for the 33rd America's Cup and informed representatives of the American yacht club that its team, Alinghi, will be ready to race their 90x90ft boat (as stated in the GGYC Notice of Challenge) in 2010.

SNG expressed its willingness for the challenger selection to be open to other teams and has encouraged GGYC to do so by offering them more time for teams to prepare if necessary. It was also stated that the SNG would be flexible and ready to discuss other terms of the 33rd America's Cup such as race format, venue or calendar.

Lucien Masmejan, SNG member, America's Cup committee secretary & Fred Meyer, SNG vice-commodore and America's Cup committee chairman & Brad Butterwoth (SNG member, America's Cup committeee vice-chairman) . Geneva, 23 April 2009. Photo copyright Carlo Borlenghi/Alinghi

Manolo Ruiz de Elvira (BMW Oracle Designer), Richard Slater (BMW Oracle Rules Advisor) & Melinda Erkelens (BMW Oracle General Counsel). Geneva, 23 April 2009. Photo copyright Carlo Borlenghi/Alinghi

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just about to terminate to build my 90x90 catamaran. I will submit my entry for feb 2010. Will they accept me?

 
At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will enlarge my Hobie Cat and go for it!

 
At 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Fred Meyer
I want to challege for your multi challenger with my multihull an old A class that I build now tuned AC version , my team is of 2 person , meteo from the web , media my friends iwhen I could submitt the challenge ? I have the sponsor ready to sign with a budget of Euro 10.000 .......
Congratulations for the organization of the next AC !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home