Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Wanna have a sneak preview of Alinghi's monster multihull?

No, unfortunately, we don't have any spy photo from the giant multihull Alinghi will race in order to defend the America's Cup. On the contrary, Alinghi is offering 10 people the chance to visit their base in Villeneuve and have an "exclusive" (as they claim) sneak preview of their giant multihull.

Click here to access the offer on their website. Since it appears on the "Alinghi Friends" section, we don't know whether participation in the draw is strictly limited to their friends. The visit is scheduled for next Saturday, July 4th.

There is a catch though, you will have to pay for your trip and you won't even be able to take a photo!! Does it make sense to spend all those euros when the boat will be launched a few days later? You'll be the judge.

Disclaimer: Valencia Sailing is in no way whatsoever related to this offer, solely organized by Alinghi. Please check with Alinghi on the conditions and restrictions of this offer.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Anonymous WetHog said...

I just signed up. What are my chances of winning? lol

 
At 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WetHog, your chances are zero. You'll never be wellcome into Alinghi Villeneuve Base. Go and cry with Larry...

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Norby said...

of course you will not be allowed, hoggieboy. it's exclusive for ernesto's poodles, which you're not. but don't worry, we will be able to read marian's report pretty soon.

 
At 10:05 PM, Anonymous Norberto said...

Hoggie, my friend, I have an extra ticket, if you like you are welcome to come with me .....

 
At 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pierre, I just read that the Alinghi Friends services for this campaign are free (like in free beers!).
It can be read here:
https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=11855455&postID=1457961527417961555

 
At 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pierre, apparently the offer was emailed to all the Alinghi Friends (mainly swiss I guess) and then promoted among their other channels: website and facebook.

So those lucky 10 guys will probably come from Geneva, Lausanne or Montreux.

... unless WetHog is ready to buy flight tickets of course, in that case I can call my contact and try to convince him to invite him!

Good luck anyway WetHog!

 
At 5:33 AM, Anonymous WetHog said...

Man I would love to visit Switzerland again. Been there once for a ski vacation when I was 14. First time I ever got drunk at a bar. Had a blast.

And no chance I would be welcome in the Alinghi base? Hell I wanted Alinghi to beat ETNZ in the Cup final. I even tried to defend Alinghi on the SA boards when it was obvious Alinghi couldn't drop their main without sending a guy aloft to release it. Doesn't that count me as a "friend"?

Oh how times change....

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Norby said...

it does count, wethog. sort of...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home